Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Unfortunately, Frank could not fish this morning, so as it was supposed to rain I figured I would go to the gym and do my Saturday morning work out.  After the work out I thought its not raining maybe I should go fish, but I decided to get my hair cut, then do some work instead.  Still no rain at 1 PM so I went fishing. 

It was surreal when I got on the river at 2 PM.  Its the first Saturday of summer and there is not another boat in sight.  I completed an entire lunge lane drift before I saw another boat.  The cool thing was the combination of the calm wind and 25' visibility turned the whole river into sea world.  I drifted from the start of lunge lane south of Frenchmen's all the way past the west end of Beaver Island watching my swim shad the whole time bouncing on the bottom.  It was kind of mesmerizing.  I saw one fish in UN13 in front of the Beaver Island beach with it's belly to the bottom, as Captain Larry says, that had no interested in my swim shad at all.  I did have a follow at the west end of Beaver Island from an immature fish, maybe 30 inches long on a perch bait, but she only followed for one figure eight and swam off.  Saw a pair of skis in front of strawberry, but they were also in belly to the bottom mode.  By the time I left the water at 6 PM the pleasure craft had started coming out  to play.  No fish, but still a really cool fishing trip. 

Views: 36

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css