Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Veronica and I took our annual 80 degree, September, the kids are back in school trip today.  It is always a very relaxed trip so we did not hit the water until 9 AM.  Veronica really likes it when we just drift along with out running back up to the start of a short drift so we started at the very southern most point of lunge lane and drifted all the way down to Staley's reef.  In all it took three hours.  I did some casting of my favorite Toothy when we were in water under 18 feet and also switched between a tube (one of my evergreen two tones) and a swim shad.  We stayed to the US side of UN 12 in between 18 and 23 feet of water.  It was hot sunny and windy (SW between 10 and 20) and I realized that we had already been on the water two hours and I hand not drank any of the water I brought.  So, I decided to step down from the front of the boat into the deeper lower deck and grab a drink while still working the tube.  As soon as I had the water open and in my hand I had what I think is the most violent tube strike i can recall.  I am thinking that the fish must have charged up stream and really hit it hard.  It was a 38" fish (Tag # 118 added), but fought like it was bigger.  It completely ruined a new evergreen tube, including cutting off about a third of the fringe (see picture below).  We stayed out until 12 PM, but no more action.  Sub-aquatic vegetation was not issue at all.   

Views: 72

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css