Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

After a lengthy discussion of almost thirty seconds at the gas station, Bruce and I decided to change our strategy going into our late morning / early afternoon bass trip.  Caramello's have really let us down as of late, so in an effort to change our luck we went old school with Twix and KitKats.

This eleventh hour strategy paid off.  (That and the south wind sure helped.) We had our best trip of the year drop shotting and casting Ned Rigs.  Numbers were good. A sheepie fooled Bruce into thinking he had on a pig smallie.  And Bruce learned about the awesome power of the Ned Rig. We also shot the first installment of the  Life Aquatic with Fat Cousteau. This week Fat Cousteau plies the waters of the mighty Niagara River in search of the elusive Aquatic Twinkie.  Fun day on the water.

After we put the boat to bed we headed to Swiston's for a light lunch of beef on weck and wings.  We formulated a great fall trolling pattern at lunch.  Troll from the Black Rock to Tonawanda Creek, dock at Swiston's, order lunch, eat, watch baseball playoff games and then run home.  We are going to call it Babe's Run.  We figure trolling Babe's Run will always pay off for us.

We fished mostly in 17 feet of water in UN4, 5 and 6. The river had a bit of a stain. The water temp was 76 to 77.

Off for a few days.  Good luck and stay safe.

Views: 56

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css