Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Fished the harbor sunday am from 6 until 11 or so. Started shallow right outside the launch area and watched Noah Clark net a nice mid 40s fish right up in the shallows with me shortlining along the rocks. I continued to beat those flats up for a while and then decided to troll in real tight along the main wall bashing in and out of the weeds. I started at the south end and just as I got across from the launch opening the inside down rod back 20 pinned hard and started peeling. Before my buddy Geoff could get it out of the holder we had a very thick 45-47" fish cartwheeling through the air and after a few rolls on the surface and a quick run to the left she threw the bait. That's the way it goes sometimes I guess. I hit north and then back south and called it a day early to we could get Geoff back home for fathers day with his little girl. Monday I decided to skip the daytime grind and go nocturnal. Carl Schenk was nice enough to hop aboard and kept his Fretthold magic alive starting with a nice little 34 to start out his season and then adding a beautiful 48 just 40 minutes later. All fish so far this season have been relatively shallow. Weed growth is zero, temps are low at 58 and moss is non existent. Get out there and stick a giant.... good luck. See u out there friday.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

48"! Hello, "Cover Boy", Carl Schenk!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css