Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

With the predicted storm on the horizon, now would be a good time to take a deep breath and remember all the good times we've enjoyed this past year. Wind and snow may interfere with our plans for the weekend but there's always the phone for you to send your best wishes out there. I hope everyone's snowblower is gassed up and ready to go.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

Views: 58

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just saw a news bit that said the eastern Lake Erie water level is expected to rise 7' to 7.5'.

Sunday looks like a fairly mild day. Waves occasionally around a mere 13'

Fri & Sat waves up to 26'

16NM SW Buffalo NY

Marine Zone Forecast

...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY MORNING THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING...
...HEAVY FREEZING SPRAY WARNING IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SUNDAY AFTERNOON...

Friday
Southwest gales to 40 knots increasing to 55 knot storms. Snow and rain in the morning, then snow in the afternoon. Heavy freezing spray in the afternoon. Waves 6 to 9 feet building to 14 to 18 feet. Waves occasionally around 23 feet.
Friday Night
Southwest storm force winds to 55 knots diminishing to 45 knot gales. Heavy freezing spray. Snow. Waves 14 to 18 feet building to 15 to 20 feet. Waves occasionally around 26 feet.
Saturday
Southwest gales to 45 knots diminishing to 35 knots. Heavy freezing spray. Lake effect snow. Waves 15 to 19 feet subsiding to 9 to 12 feet. Waves occasionally around 24 feet.
Sunday
West winds to 30 knots becoming southwest 15 to 25 knots. Heavy freezing spray during the day. Lake effect snow. Waves 6 to 10 feet subsiding to 4 to 7 feet. Waves occasionally around 13 feet.
Monday
Southwest winds 15 to 20 knots diminishing to 5 to 15 knots. Snow showers likely during the day, then a chance of snow showers monday night. Waves 3 to 6 feet subsiding to 2 to 4 feet. Waves occasionally around 7 feet.
26-feet?! Let's go walleye fishing!

I'd go with a willow leaf today because of the faster trolling speed

Lake level at Sturgeon Point is already up by 6 ft

Attachments:
John, if the water keeps coming up that fast you'll be able to cast from your front porch.

I've got my anchor line tied to the tree in the front yard. Bring it on!!
I'll dip for minnows in the back yard
Scott McKee said:

John, if the water keeps coming up that fast you'll be able to cast from your front porch.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css