Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

I have reliable information that the Huntley plant will be ceasing operation by March. While this plant retirement won't have the effect that the shutdown of the coke ovens did on the Harbor, It will still be significant, and the end of a chapter on the river.

The warm water discharge is a significant fish attractor for almost every type of river fish at some point of the year. While we have focused on restoring natural river habitat, It's time to pay our grudging respect to the dirty old plant, and the benefits this unnatural attractor provided us.

I caught my first musky there back in the Days of Madonna and Mullets. Don't be surprised if you see my boat back there doing a little goodbye fishing this fall. So many memories from working and fishing there.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got my 1st musky there too!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css