Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Yesterday I told Louis that if he was interested (and he was) that I'd email or text him at 5:30 this morning to let him know if I was going fishing or not. It depended on the weather. So this morning at 5:00 I looked out the window and it didn't look bad. I checked the weather radar and the closest rain was at least a couple hours away. I emailed Louis that we were going fishing. You can do that when you're retired.

It was a cloudy morning with the threat of rain. Winds were light.  We started in front of Strawberry and took a few drifts. On our third drift I hooked a fish. This fish fought to the boat and was nearing netting distance when the hooks popped out. It was probably an upper 30. That made me O for three on the season. I think I only lost one fish last year and the year before, so this was dissappointing. It was 7:30 am. 

After a few more drifts we moved to the head of Motor Island (or is it Pirate's Island?). After a minute or so I hooked a fish. It fought but I cranked her in. Louis did the netting and I had my first muskie of the season. It measured 44 inches. That was at 8:30 am. 

I hooked one more fish along the Grand Island shoreline. It was on only long enough to tear off the tendrils from the top tube tail. That was about 9:30. I'm now one for four. We quit at 10:30 when heavy rain started to move in. I had my fill of heavy rain when I was at Chautauqua a couple weeks ago for a family reunion. My boat was still drying out. At least now I have a working bilge pump. But after the deluges at Chautauqua (several inches per hour which I had to hand-pump out) I wanted nothing more to do with rain. So we quit.

Louis and I have been out twice, put in about ten hours, hooked 6 fish and landed two. At least the two averaged 47.25 inches. Actually that's not bad musky fishing.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Was out with Johnny Miller this am and we saw you guys with the net in front of strawberry. We launched at 5 and had similar action this am. 2 for 3 with a couple mid 30s. Nice little window before the storms.

I recall someone posting once that we remember the fish we lost more than the ones we bring in

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css