Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

It is with a very heavy heart I am saddened to inform you that Rich Sandig passed away today.  Rich was a great guy and I am proud to have called him my friend.

When the NMA needed tickets sold for Monster Box or booze basket raffles, he stepped up and sold more than anyone, times two.  He attended our meetings even when he was gravely ill. He was a board member.  He ceaselessly promoted musky fishing and proper release to anyone who would listen on behalf of our club and Muskies Canada.  He worked booths at outdoor shows for both clubs.  He served as our club's liaison with MC for years.  He loved muskies and musky fishing with his whole heart.  He was nominated for our Memorial Award on numerous occasions and I was proud to present him with two President's awards.  He did all these things even though he needed a kidney transplant and spent hours and hours weekly undergoing dialysis.

All of his wonderful works are dwarfed by the kind of man Rich was.  He was a truly nice person.  The kind of guy who would give you the shirt off his back during a blizzard.  The kind of man who would help you out however, wherever and whenever he could.

Rich, you were an awesome guy and a great friend to the muskellunge.  You will be missed, my friend.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rich was a good person. Generous with his time. Always with a smile. We will miss him.

Bad enough to have experienced covid.......now we have to mourn the loss of a true friend and exceptional club member: Rich Sandig. Rest in Peace.  

He was truly a champion of good will.

He was one of the first names I knew when I joined the club and it was for no other reason than he was a super nice guy. Great guy and a true loss to the world.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css