Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Went out with Scott Kitchen Saturday, August 17th at 6:30 am.  Fished till noon.  couple rips and follows, no fish to report.  It was slow with North winds.

Went back out that evening at 7:40 pm with Mike Fortunate.  Fished UN1 till about 10:30 pm.   At 8 pm, the winds were calm and changing constantly from different directions.  Started getting several follows at that time.  Between 9 and 9:15, hooked a 49.5 inch tank.  Mike did a great job netting the fish, especially since it was completely dark out.  Fishing at night can be hectic, especially when trying to land and release a fish of this size.  We tried to minimize the amount of time out of the water the best we could.  When I released her, as soon as she hit the water, she swam away strong, which couldn't have made me happier!  Usually the water is hot in August and fish like this would be a tough release, but thanks to amazingly cool water temps for this time of year, the fish swam away like the tank she is.  Very clean fish.  She looked untouched.  Not one scar on her.  I know the lake turned over recently and forced a lot of the larger walleyes and bass to the mouth of the river.  Wondering if this fish came from that direction.  It's all still a mystery to me.   

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice fish congrats brother jojoout

Adam , congrads on your fish . water temp 8 deg. cooler than last couple of years.

Kaz, Nice Nite Fattie! Congrads!

Capt Larry

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2021   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css