Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

I generally set goals for myself prior to each season.  They don't vary too much from year-to-year, but I do tend to tweak them.

I have had "jig more" on this list for the last few years and this might just be the year I do it.  "Drop shot for muskies" certainly will happen.  I'm happy with the new rigs I've whipped up and I think they'll have a very good hooking percentage.

Of course there is "catch more fish than last year", and "pop a "50".  A new goal for 2012 is to "relax".  I tend to whip myself into a frenzy when things aren't going my way and I doubt that's a good idea with my questionable ticker.  Another new goal is, "place in the top ten of a bass tournament with my brother".  I really enjoy tournament fishing and I love fishing with my brother.  He's still a little kid when it comes to fishing; action is everything.  We are really competitive (in a generally playful manner) with each other, so maybe we can channel our nature into doing well in a tournament.

Speaking of kids, one goal I hope is on all of your lists this year is, "take a kid fishing".  Carrie's baby sister has been bugging me to put her on a musky and this is the year she gets her first.  For some reason I have a great track record putting novice anglers on muskies and this is her year.  I hope to break the curse with L'il Weedball, Adam Wittek, Joe Wilczewski and I.  We've fished a handful of times together and have yet to pop a musky together.

Whatever your goals are for 2012, whether it's catch your first or your 500th, i wish you a safe and successful season.  Feel free to post your goals for 2012 by responding to this post.  See you on the water.

Views: 21

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css