Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Bruce and I fished UN4, 13, 2 and 3 in that order tonight from 6pm to 11:30pm.  We didn't catch anything.  The northwest wind made for a choppy troll and the grass was noticeably worse than Sunday.  The water temps ranged from 50 to 52 and the clarity was 10 or so feet.

I was comfy cozy all night in my new Columbia Labyrinth Loop Hooded Jacket.  This baby is incredibly lightweight, windproof and unbelievably warm.  When I say light I mean you barely know you're wearing a jacket at all.  It wasn't brutal out, but the temps were in the mid-30's with a stiff(ish) northwest breeze.  All I wore was a wicking layer of polypropylene, Cabelas heavyweight fleece underwear and the Columbia jacket with sweats and my guidewear bibs and a wool hat.  I was toasty all night; maybe even a bit too warm at times.  If you're looking for a lightweight jacket, the Columbia Labyrinth Loop is a home run.

We didn't bring the Snackle Box, but somehow we survived with the modest provisions Bruce brought.  His new boat snack treat is amazing.  Do you remember Goober Grape?  Try slathering (there's that word again) a shortbread cookie with Goober Grape and then top it off with a dinky Hersey Candy bar.  Bruce can't catch a musky to save his life, but the kid is certainly a snack magician.

Back at it next week. Best of luck on the water and everywhere else.

PS: Here's the jacket I mentioned.  It's magnificent

Views: 69

Reply to This

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css