Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Armed with a box full of muffins and a jug of hot chocolate Bruce and I trolled the river from 4:30 to 8:00.  I was thankful for the comforting cocoa, because the river was spooky tonight.  Everywhere we trolled in 2 and 3 was seemingly devoid of life.  It was a ghost town.

We tried all of the usual spots.  I thought about short-lining a deep diver in my sonar cone just to see something on the screen.  The temps ranged from 40.5 to 41.75.  The clarity was great.  It was cold, but the wind was light, so actually it was quite pleasant out there despite the lack of cooperative muskies.

Since it is seemingly impossible for my boat to catch fish, i might was well tell you about our boat snacks.  The muffin I had was fine, but the cocoa was amazing.  The key to great hot chocolate according to Bruce is, "a healthy squirt of chocolate sauce."  By "healthy squirt" I think he means a bottle.

We were the only boat in sight all evening until a navigational red light made an appearance as we were entering the canal heading home.  I hope whoever it was did better than us.

We might be out tomorrow,  but Sunday is probably more realistic.   Best of luck to everyone who's heading out during the final weekend of the season.  If you decide to bring hot chocolate,  don't forget about the "healthy squirt."  Sugery, hot, motor oil-thick beverage took the sting off another epic skunking for us.

Views: 132

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Got out today 1-630 after getting my hydraulic steering seals replaced. Zipppo.. amazing color, can't find life. Back at em tomorrow
With 41 degrees water in river & harbor and 47 degrees out in deeper lake waters,harbor everything moved out to b warmer water.In river probably everything went shallow under 4ft,good start would be casting Beaver Island Beach.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css