Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

NMA 25th Anniversary Awards Banquet Donations and Acquisitions

On this forum string Mike Fortunate, JoJo and I will post pictures and make you aware of all the pretty lures, rods, reels, trips, equipment and donations that will be available on the raffle tables at our 25th anniversary shindy, which will be held on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Pearl Street Grill.

Brian Boyer, the creator and owner of Legend Lures, is one hell of a guy.  He has slashed prices for our club for years and years, like so many of the lure makers we call friends. Brian recently filled our banquet order and he was generous enough to donate this gorgeous lure to our Prom. Brian, you are amazing, just like your baits!!!

Views: 2712

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have been to a lot of lodges in Ontario over the years, including several on Buckhorn Lake in the Kawartha region.  By far and away (think miles), the very best of these lodges on Buckhorn is Scotsman Point Resort.  Scotsman Point was where my friends and I took our very first musky trip about a million years ago.  The cabins are spacious, impeccabley clean, well equipped, and located very near the docks on grounds that look more like a country club than a cottage resort. I can remember saying something to the effect of, "we are definitely getting kicked out of this place." . (We didn't, surprisingly.)

What does this little walk down memory lane have to do with our Silver Anniversary Awards Banquet?

I just spoke with the manager of Scotman Point, a lovely woman by the name of Leslie.  Leslie is donating a four-day, mid-week stay for up to four guests in one of their deluxe cabins to the club to be raffled at our banquet!  AND (this is a HUGE "and"), she is also offering members of our club special pricing on weekly and mid-week rates.  Try this on for size: As a member of the NMA, you can book a week stay during their summer primetime season at a 10% discount and receive a three night stay for FREE in either the spring or fall!! This offer is absolutely incredible!  All of the details will be spelled out in our Banquet Program and in newsletters to come.

Thank you Leslie, and thank you, Scotsman Point Resort!

We are having a great day donation-wise.  Tony Scime acquired a Uniden Atlantis 270 handheld Marine radio and a Onyx 3XL life vest from C-Me Marine Sales (1850 Hertel Avenue) for our banquet. Nice work, Tony! Thank you, C-Me Marine Sales for your generosity!!!  

I love spinnerbaits for Muskies, Bass, Pike and whatever else smashes these bladed bad boys.  Have you ever met anyone that doesn't like gunning or chucking a spinnerbait?  You may not know this, but Andrew Lacko makes some of the best musky spinnerbaits I have ever seen or used.  Andy was nice enough to give the club a deep discount on eight of his fish catching, nasty hooked, tinsel beauties for our Banquet!   Check them out below.  Thanks, Andy!

Don Janes, our new friend and owner of Figure 8, donated these really cool spinners for our banquet! Thanks, Don!!! Click here for Figure 8's Website.

The postman was kind today.

Our most excellent friend Jon Bondy sent us an incredibly generous donation of 12 of his fish catching baits!  Pictured below are 3 original Bondy Baits, 3 Hot Orbas, 2 Wobblers, 1 Royal Orba, 1 King Daddy Royal Orba (in Space Monkkey (Jon always has such great names for his colors)) and 2 Prophet cranks! Jon, you are as amazing as your baits!!!  Click here for the Bondy website.

We are up to 90 people attending the Prom! If you haven't already, get your tickets soon.

Make that 94.
We are at 100!

101????   Someone donated bleach???

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css