Our 2020 Tim Wittek Memorial Tournament will be held on November 8th from 7AM till 4PM, with the 15th and 22nd of November as back-up dates in case of inclement weather. All normal tournament rules will apply with the following variations for this year only:
1. To abide by current regulations in effect, all members must fish in their own country’s waters only. This means United States citizens must fish in US waters only and Canadian citizens must fish in Canadian waters only. Any fish caught by a member in the other country’s waters will not be eligible for consideration in the tournament.
2. All members are encouraged to follow all social distancing regulations in effect including wearing masks (covering both mouth and nose) when in close proximity to non-household residents.
3. Solo fishing will be allowed for this year, but pictures or video (as explained in the following bullet point) must be taken of each fish on a fixed surface measuring device. We will request that all members’ participating in the tournament provide a cell phone number, which will be provided to other members in the tournament. Other participating members will be allowed to call other members to have them come and witness their catch, including taking the photos of the fish on the fixed surface measuring device.
4. Hands free Video of measurement of fish and a safe release may be submitted for verification of fish caught during the tournament. The measurement must be done on a fixed surface measuring device with readable images of the head and tail of the fishes length on the fixed surface measuring device. Video of measurement without video of release will not qualify the fish for inclusion in the tournament. Both measurement and release footage must be submitted.
5. During the tournament, please report all releases to Scott McKee, who will immediately post them and update current standings on our website. Please check the website periodically during the tournament for these updates. This will prevent unnecessary board measurement of fish too small to show. (If the third place fish for example is 35-inches, there is no need to measure any fish smaller than 35-inches.) Scott McKee: (716) 225-3816
6. The entry fee for the Wittek is $25 per club member.
Payment: A check or electronic payment must be received by me prior to 7AM on November 8th to be entered into the tournament.
Please make checks payable to the: Niagara Musky Association
234 Spaulding Street
North Tonawanda, NY 14120
If you have any questions please call me at: (716) 939-0006, or post your questions by replying to this forum string.
I am interest!
When paying electronically what is the user name to send payment to? Sorry if I missed that somewhere..
Let's say you catch a fish in the Wittek. What happens next?
Any questions? Respond to this string or contact me directly.
Here's an updated Wittek roster:
Not bad. Enter the Wittek. It's fun and you get chili. In today's world of participation awards, Musky Chili reigns supreme.
Made my arrangements with Scott K and I'll be joining in the fun too. See you on the water, but not at 7:00. Hope there's still some hungry fish in the afternoon. Good luck to all. My cell is 352-223-4982.