Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

WNY Sport & Travel Expo. (aka:”Hamburg Show”) Schedule
Thurs. 3/7-12-4:30pm: Chris Kempf, Tony Scime
                    4:30-9pm: Mike Fortunate, Mac Melnyk
Fri. 3/8-     12-4:30pm: Mark Wozniak, John Jarosz, Chris Kempf
                    4:30-9pm: Mark Wozniak, Jim & Carole Kinner
Sat. 3/9-    10am-4pm: Mike Fortunate, Chris & TJ Clark
                         4-9pm: Hope & Gary Melnyk, Mark Anderson, Mark Farnham
Sun. 3/10-   11am-5pm: Scott McKee, Carrie Keane

-Larry Jones will be at the show every day and will be acting as a “filler” so if anyone needs a break grab him on his way past and he will “man” the booth.

-If you are unable to make your scheduled day/time please let me (Carrie) know ahead of time so I can find someone to replace you. My cell # is (716)602-2670.

-If anyone would still like to volunteer, please let me know. It’s always better to have more volunteers so one person isn’t sitting there by themselves for 4 hours straight. The more the merrier!!!

-Everything will be set up and ready to go. I will leave instructions on anything you need to turn on/off. If you have any questions please feel free to call me (see # above.)

-If you are working the booth enter through the exhibitor’s entrance on the side of the building. I will leave the passes for those working at the check-in table there. Please return the passes when you are done so the next shift/day can use them. If you are not working the booth please enter through the main entrance.

-As a reminder: the booth is to promote the Niagara Musky Association Inc. The only things we are permitted to sell are memberships to the NMA. No business/agendas/sales of any other clubs/organizations/businesses are allowed. (This is including, but not limited to: raffle tickets, candy bars, petitions, etc.)

-People will have a lot of questions about muskies, musky fishing, etc. answer them as best you can. Promote proper catch & release, and in Marc Arena’s words “being nice to the ladies.” There will be a lot of stories about 70 inch muskies (too bad the camera was broken) and some stories about killing and eating muskies, it’s best to just smile and nod (they don’t know any better) and then explain about size limits and proper catch and release. Probably the most common comment will be how the lures are the size of the fish they catch. <- This always makes me laugh!

-Remember if anyone seems interested or has any questions that you cannot answer our meetings are open to the public, so anyone is welcome to come check us out. The meetings are the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7 pm at the Eldridge Club, 17 Broad St. City of Tonawanda. (This info. will be at the booth.)

-Anyone who has previously worked the booth and has tips/information for the “newbies” please feel free to comment, even if it's only where to find the best food.

Thanks everyone for volunteering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The pickles in the third building (with the Hog Trough) are amazing.  Try the jalapeno flavor.

Good Day

Nice job Carrie. My suggestion on the food is that I always BMOF. But I do not get out much???  Be prepared to quitely smile and bobble head alot. jojoout

A few key points to stress to anglers interested in musky fishing include:

• The use of some kind of leader, preferably steel.
  • Encourage the use of Stringease snaps.
  • Never flop a musky on the floor of a boat or on shore.
  • The use of a HUGE musky net.
  • If a picture is to be taken, hold the fish horizontally.
  • Try to limit the time a musky is out of the water to no more than 20 seconds.
  • Carry hooks cutters, jaw spreaders and long needle nosed pliers.
  • Encourage the use of superlines, 65-pounds and up and stout rods and reels designed for musky fishing.

Have a smile on your face, and try to educate anyone who seems interested in musky fishing on at least some release ethic.  A little cooler with a few cold drinks and a sandwich makes your time in the booth a lot more bearable.  DO NOT bring your own alcoholic beverages however!  We've been yelled at about this in the past.

Scott, All Good Points! I will also cover safe handling and release when I do a Muskie Seminar each day of the Hamburg Show.

Carrie...if you didn't mark me down, I am available as a "filler" on short notice in case someone has to cancel because of unforeseen circumstances (I've got lots of vac time).  Call me at 913-0996 & I can be there within an hr....thanks..jj

Thanks John!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css