Notes

Images

Keep in mind that I am always looking for images for our newsletter; fish, sunsets, sunrises, other anglers fishing, equipment, anything fishing related. I can use them all.  Large, unedited images are best. Thanks.

Created by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018 at 1:09pm. Last updated by Scott McKee Oct 31, 2018.

Thank you, Jay!

This site is sponsored by NMA Member Jay Nannen.

Decided to give the east river a troll this am. Started at 6am up near the BR canal. Used two rods - one with a Firetiger raider and a second with a gold tonylure. Down up and down past Motor Island. Down up and down past the Yacht Club. Took off the raider and put on a firetiger Tonylure. They tend to go deeper with a better shake. Bouncing bottom past the bridge towards the power lines in UN5. A 38 incher grabbed the gold tonylure. Snagged the hooks and unhooked the fish. Stick measurement. That was 8:00.

Another calm, sunny day. Seems those are the only days I've been fishing. But chilly night. Have confidence in hitting a fish (but not 2) these calm, clear, early mornings. 8am is actually my latest fish.  Tried Tonawanda side too, but no more luck.

Trolling was easy. No moss and little floating weed. Water was well stained. 5 feet in east and 10 in west. Did throw a tube for awhile in UN2 to no avail. Sun got up high and I got off the water.

Happy to hit a fish most mornings, but gotta go out at night and get a big one. Tom and Carl are doing it right.

Tony

Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha, ya i posted up a few photos on another forum for the passing of Johnny Winter, Frank Zappa was in one of the photos, been listening to Frank for forever.

I like to hear about people from the younger generations embracing the music of the 70s and 80s. Especially the blues. There were a lot of good blues and blues rock musicians back then, many of which were from across the pond. Some of them are still performing but unfortunately many have passed. One good thing is that there are many younger ones stepping up to take their place. Joe Bonamassa has done a lot to inspire them and will go down in history as one of the best along with BB King and Eric Clapton. The list could go on and on. Blues was the foundation of rock and it also had a lot to do with the rise of the of the Les Paul and Stratocaster. Long live the Blues!!! Even Joe Bucher plays the blues guitar.

Blues is my roots, i have been playing in bands for awhile, unfortunately alot of the greats are passing away but yes, many stepping up just not getting the recognition they should. Have gone see one of my all time heroes Buddy Guy a few times now. Want to see a few more of the older players before they pass away.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2024   Created by Scott McKee.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

xn_bar_red.css